There are some critical pieces of paperwork that you need to bring to Thailand:
- Driver’s license or other official ID
- Westminster College Student/Employee ID
- Credit card (preferably Visa or Mastercard)
- Bank/ATM card
- Written prescriptions for ALL prescriptions you are on
- Eye prescription if you wear corrective lenses
- COVID-19 Vaccine Record Card
- Copy of flight itinerary
- Copy of health insurance letter (we will provide this to you)
- Copy of Thailand e-visa confirmation (if applicable)
Keep these with you in transit, so make sure they are in your carry-on luggage. Also, please make a copy of all of these, and have them in another part of your luggage. And make sure you have a copy of the BACK of your credit/ATM cards, so that if you do lose it, you have a phone number that you can call to cancel it and order a new one. Westminster College will also have a copy of the paperwork that you submitted, and I will have .pdf copies of your paperwork that I will place on a secure server, so that we can have access to it. However, it is a good idea to have a copy of this paperwork with someone at home, just in case.
By the way, you don’t have to bring every piece of ID or card from your wallet/purse. I find having a very light wallet preferable while traveling. Your Smith’s Fresh Values Card and Salt Lake City Public Library Cards are not going to be used in Thailand. Leave those at home.
Leave a Reply