Here are a few more details on registration for May Term Thailand XI for May 2019:
- Registration for all students begins on Tuesday, October 30th at 7:30 AM. Registration will be online only.
- IMPORTANT! If you have a registration hold for any reason (student accounts, library, etc.), you may not be able to register for any May Term trips! Please check your Self-Service account and make sure you don’t have a registration hold. If you do, please clear it and confirm that it’s clear prior to October 30th so you can register!
- If the trip is full by the time you register, you will automatically be placed on a wait list. I know it’s disappointing that you aren’t on the list, but there are always cancellations, so please put your name on the wait list.
- To register successfully and reserve a spot on the trip, you MUST place a $300 deposit at the time of registration. This must be done online when you register for the trip. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. This deposit is nonrefundable (unless the trip is officially cancelled by the College due to lack of enrollment or other unforeseeable reasons). Please be ready with your credit card or debit card when you register on the 30th.
- The registration deadline for all May Term trips is January 31, 2019.
- The total trip cost for May Term Thailand XI is $4,400. This includes round trip airfare from SLC to Bangkok, all lodging, meals in Thailand, fees for guides, transportation within country, trip and event fees, travel insurance, and cell phones (or SIM cards) to use within Thailand along with initial amount of minutes. It does not include passport or visa costs (no visa is required, unless you plan on traveling after the official trip), vaccinations, meals at airports during transit, or optional outings. Spending money varies wildly depending on your spending habits and what you decide to buy, but around $200-300 is typical. You will want money to buy gifts and souvenirs, for optional outings in Chiang Mai and Ko Samet, snacks and food, and evening activities on your own (but not for dinner, which is included in the trip fee).
- Final payment is due February 1, 2019. Your account at that point must be at $4,400.
- Please note the dates for REQUIRED pretrip orientation sessions.
- More details on registration, tuition, fees, and deadlines can be found on the Westminster College May Term Study Experience page.
Please note that this trip has traditionally filled very quickly. Last year, it filled VERY quickly. If you are planning on going, I strongly suggest you register as early as possible. If you cannot register for May Term Thailand XI, and you have one or more years left before graduation, May Term Thailand XII for May 2020 has already been approved, and we will for certain be going again!