Here are a few more details on registration for May Term Thailand X for May 2018:
- Registration for seniors (90+ credits) and juniors (60-89 credits) begins on Tuesday, October 24th at 7:30 AM. All other undergraduate students can register beginning at 7:30 AM on Wednesday, October 25th. Registration will be online through Self-Service (the same as registration for any other classes).
- IMPORTANT! If you have a registration hold for any reason (student accounts, library, etc.), you will not be able to register for any May Term trips! Please check your Self-Service account and make sure you don’t have a registration hold. If you do, please clear it and confirm that it’s clear prior to October 24th so you can register!
- If the trip is full by the time you register, you will automatically be placed on a wait list. I know it’s disappointing that you aren’t on the list, but there are always cancellations, so please put your name on the wait list. Furthermore, if someone doesn’t place their $300 deposit within three days of registration (see below), they forfeit their spot on the list, and the next person on the wait list will be eligible to register and place a deposit.
- Once you successfully register, you MUST place a $300 deposit to your account within three days of registration. This can be done through the Cashier’s Office in the basement of Bamberger Hall or online, using the same system to pay for tuition. Failure to place this deposit will forfeit your spot on the trip. This deposit is nonrefundable (unless the trip is officially cancelled by the College due to lack of enrollment or other unforeseeable reasons).
- The registration deadline for all May Term trips is January 31, 2018.
- The total trip cost for May Term Thailand X is $4,400. This includes round trip airfare from SLC to Bangkok, all lodging, meals in Thailand, fees for guides, transportation within country, trip and event fees, travel insurance, and cell phones (or SIM cards) to use within Thailand along with initial amount of minutes. It does not include passport or visa costs (no visa is required, unless you plan on traveling after the official trip), vaccinations, meals at airports during transit, or optional outings. Spending money varies wildly depending on your spending habits and what you decide to buy, but around $200-300 is typical. You will want money to buy gifts and souvenirs, for optional outings in Chiang Mai and Ko Samet, snacks and food, and evening activities on your own (but not for dinner, which is included in the trip fee).
- Final payment is due February 1, 2018. Your account at that point must be at $4,400.
- Please note the dates for REQUIRED pretrip orientation sessions.
Please note that this trip has traditionally filled very quickly. Last year, it filled in less than 30 minutes. If you are planning on going, I strongly suggest you register as early as possible. If you cannot register for May Term Thailand X, and you have one or more years left before graduation, May Term Thailand XI for May 2019 has already been approved, and we will for certain be going again!