There are some critical pieces of paperwork that you need to bring to Thailand:
- Extra passport photos
- Driver’s license or other official ID
- Westminster College Student/Employee ID
- Health insurance card (we provide this)
- Credit card (preferably not American Express)
- Bank/ATM card
- Travel itinerary/airline ticket
- Written prescriptions for ALL prescriptions you are on
- Eye prescription if you wear corrective lenses
- Next-of-kin information
Keep these with you in transit, so make sure they are in your carry-on luggage. Also, please make a copy of all of these, and have them in another part of your luggage. Westminster College will also have a copy of the paperwork that you submitted, and I will have .pdf copies of your paperwork that I will place on a secure server, so that we can have access to it. However, it is a good idea to have a copy of this paperwork with someone at home, just in case.
By the way, you don’t have to bring every piece of ID or card from your wallet/purse. Your Smith’s Fresh Values Card and Salt Lake City Public Library Cards are not going to be used in Thailand. Leave those at home.